Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Trip to the Farmers Market....A Bust

One of my favorite things to do is go to the Farmers Market at Pearl Brewery. The vibe there is hard to describe. It is such a relaxed place to just chill and enjoy our local farmers and celebrate what they have taken the time to grow themselves.

Now usually I get to the market by 830 am. I make my rounds throughout the tents, glance at the goodies the farmers have brought that day, and I make a gameplan. I decide which tent I will hit up first, what fresh produce will I buy, what I can possibly make with it, and then where I will wander to after.

Wait!

This of course happens after I grab a fresh peach tea (today I opted for freshly squeezed lemonade, it was a GREAT choice) and a kolache....mmmmmm. Next time I will get the chicken and waffles. Yum!

Well, I did not get to the market as early as I would have liked....in fact, we did not arrive till 11 am. What a HUGE difference! There was nothing left! I was so sad....but I still had a wonderful time with my love.

Lesson learned: there is a reason to get there early.... to actually be able to buy something! :)

There will definitely be a Farmers Market update next Saturday. And I PROMISE, there will be better finds to discuss :)

Have a great night peeps! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment