Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Epic Fail Macaroni and Cheese

I had every intention to make such a wonderful, made from scratch, cheesy homemade mac n cheese.... I did not achieve this goal whatsoever :( Everything was going great....

I made the sauce, which was delicious

I made the apple sausage, which was delicious

I boiled the noodles perfectly!

I combined all the ingredients into my cast iron and I baked it....

AND I BURNED IT!!!


Who does that!!??? Apparently I do. And I was so incredibly sad....I really had to stop myself from crying.
My boyfriend was there, who I was initially cooking for, and all I could do was think how awful of a cook he was going to think I was. I was embarrassed. Who burns mac n cheese? I love to cook, I love to watch people eat and enjoy my food. My dad tried to eat it and literally choked! Coughing and All!

I just stared at my boyfriend sitting on the recliner. I tried to think of something....anything that would save this mac n cheese, and praying that he would never know I failed so miserably at this. But there was no saving this sad pathetic casserole. It was dead, and not in anyway going to magically come back to life.

I had to swallow my pride, trash the mac, and settle on feeding my honey some pizza. He turned out to be just as happy.
Love you honey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment